- 12 Computers in the Library
- 32 Computers in the Computer Lab
- High speed black and white laser printer in each location
- No eating or drinking while sitting at a computer desk
- Printing costs: 25¢ per page
- Never share your password or account with anyone.
- Computer use, including Internet access, is limited to educational and school-related activities.
- Chat rooms, messaging, message boards, games, and e-mail (except to retrieve or send school related files) is strictly off limits.
- Do not intentionally search for, view and/or distribute inappropriate materials (e.g., pornography or violence).
- Do not use inappropriate language or symbols.
- Profanity or obscenity will not be tolerated on the school network.
- Do not download or install software.
- Do not use the network for any illegal activities.
- Do not deliberately spread computer viruses.
- Do not use a school account to post anonymous or false information.
- Do not vandalize computers, software, network devices or data.
- Obey the rules of copyright.
Internet Safety Guidelines from the Federal Trade Commission
Internet Safety Rules (Reprinted from California PTA website, capta.org)
- Never give any personal information to anyone you meet online.
- Never meet up with anyone you do not already know.
- Don’t fill out any “fun” questionnaires that are forwarded to you, even if they’re from your friends.
- Make sure you know everyone on your buddy list.
- Don’t answer emails or IMs from people you don’t know.
- There’s no such thing as “private” on the internet.
- Don’t post pictures of yourself – but if you must, don’t post sexy ones or ones showing behavior you wouldn’t want your mom, teacher, boss or potential college adviser to see.
- Don’t send pictures of other people.
- Don’t download content without your parents’ permission.
- Never share your password with anyone but your parents.
- Remember that as frustrating as your parents are on this subject, they’re only trying to keep you safe.